Saturday 18 February 2012

Inside the Mug Shot; Click click click

It can be quite hard to create a layout for guys especially if they have a hobby like photography... Whenever  I scrapped, I like to place lots of flowers, ribbons and laces... My mum tend to pass this comment each time she saw me doing it - "it's complicated"...  Sometimes less is more... For the very first time without the use of floral papers & flowers, I created this abstract scrap look based on the 1/3 rule concept; a photography concept...

Using only shades of whites and black, I used a white wash Coredinations cardstock and only used the lower right corner for scrapping to create that 1/3 rule concept look... I made the box frame using cardboxes and wrapped it round with a lose scrap paper I found which I think it's from Making Memories... With my hubby's picture within, I placed the frame over with foam dots... I always love script text that gives me lots of freedom to create especially as a background... I'd think the smudged script text will offset the structural look of the frame, I used Basic Grey Kissing Booth Collection rubber stamp and stamped it over the corner and smudged the ink a little using my thumb.. 

In this layout, I only used stickers as embellishments!!! That's where the 2 tiny photos are; which I re-sized the photos to that tiny and stick them over the exposure stickers from 7gypsies photograhie stickers... For letterings,  I created the text "inside" by using Basic Grey stickers on a small piece of transparency and  placed them partially on the frame using dot glue...  Photo matting paper from 7gypsies paddington 8" x 8" series...

Love this layout as it speaks the basic art of photography... 






No comments: