Friday 18 October 2013

Zpalette Inspired Typography Make-Up Palette

I'm always a huge cosmetics fan and love to get interesting make-up but sometimes they'll packaging is so nice that I don't feel like throwing them away...

So to do something that I can travel around, I made use of this Benefit Sugarlicious box to create a magnetic palette; a Zpalette inspired cosmetic palette... To get started, I painted the corners with black acrylic paint before I start scrapping because I know at the edges it's not possible to cover with the paper as it will add some depth and will make closing the box much difficult... So what I did next was to depot my eyeshadows and blushers from its containers by using my heat gun to melt the glue at the bottom and slowly lift them up using a sharp tool...Using some of my scraps, ribbons, Graphic 45 Typography collection and Prima flowers, this is what I've created!!!

The original Benefit Sugarlicious box that I used to alter...
Painting the edges with black paint...
Here are the eyeshadows and blush I've depotted...
Using Graphic 45 Typography chipboard to create the front cover of the palette...
I used the black rose button which I
got from Diaso as the button closure...
The inside of the palette... I got the magnet from Diaso
which I can measure and cut accordingly to my needs...
I created a 2-tier palette to house
more eyeshadows and blushers...
This is the back of the palette and the
little tray I created using chipboard...


1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thanks Katie! Great Idea?