Wednesday 17 December 2014

A Snowman's Baggage & Christmas Suitcase

Recalled those cute little matchbox suitcases I've made as part of my Graphic 45 stacked suitcases project? Hmm... So I decided to whoop up something interesting, something cute... 

Over the last weekend, my niece deliberately locked up the door from my parents' room with my dad inside... I was wondering why was she doing that?!? Then moments later, she knocked on the door and started singing, "Do you wanna build a snowman??" Hahahahahaha... She was imitating Anna!!! OMG!!! This was super cute of her given the fact that she was taking her grandpa as Elsa... All thanks to her, she really made my day... And I decided to do up a snowman kit for my niece as her birthday gift which is today!!! Again, inspired from Frozen and contributed by my niece... She was super excited when I showed her what I've made for her over FaceTime... Her expression was timeless...

Building up this little snowman kit is seriously not an easy job and it took me quite some time to figure out how to make this kit in a matchbox... Everything was built from scratch using polymer clay, wires and lots of glitter to build this Mr. Frosty... This little snowman stands at ~2" tall when assembled and can be readily kept inside the matchbox baggage when dismantled... Along with this snowman kit, I've done up another matchbox suitcase with a Christmas tree inside, ready to be gifted away...

I hope besides doing up cards, this can be a fun way to gift for this Christmas... Especially for kids, they will be delighted...

Cheers!!!








1 comment:

Teri Terrific said...

Thank you for posting this clever gift idea; so cute!