Tuesday 9 December 2014

Some Little Snowy Fairies Waltzing this Holiday

Alright scrapping peeps, for today on Graphic 45 blog post, I've this cute little ensemble of faires for you, really to waltz away for this Holiday!!!

Totally inspired from the Disney's movie Frozen, I made these snowy fairies out from clothespin pegs... Frozen is probably every child's favourite movie till date, so is my niece... She is a BIG fan of Frozen and she loves these fairies deeply... I've seen a lot of dolly peg projects and they are so adorable, part of it also came from my fellow Graphic 45 teammie, Nichola Battilana... Can't help it and wanted to make something cute!!!

The process in making them is somewhat challenging as I've to use papers for this assignment and it has to be handmade ornaments. I'd have to factor in whether can this project be translated into a tutorial... After giving some deep thoughts about it, I find creating rosettes skirts as one of the easier method... And it SOooo happen that Nutcracker Sweet has this lovely Snowflake Waltz paper that fits into the theme I want!!! As the scene of Elsa stomping her foot on the icy ground and a huge snowflake appeared as she sang "Let It Go" in Frozen came to my mind and that's where I get the inspiration in creating these snowflakes stands for these fairies... The stands are entirely made from those plastic saucers I've for my mixed media projects and classes...

SO here am I, presenting these little cuties to all of you!!! I hope you will enjoy this little performance by them... Snapguide tutorial follow by...

And Happy Holidays!!!









No comments: