Friday 27 March 2015

Explore the Untaken Path Art Journal Spread

Earlier this year, I bought myself a hardbound sketchbook with a plan of turning this into an art journal after viewing so many beautiful works on Pinterest as well as on various social media platform... But I didn't make my first attempt the moment I bought this sketchbook... I placed it near my work desk and let it collect dust for months... 

It's till recently I find myself in the mood to make my art journal debut... This very first art journal spread is greatly inspired by Singapore's founding Prime Minister & Minister Mentor Mr. Lee Kuan, whom had passed away this Monday morning... His state funeral will be this Sunday... While emotions still run high throughout the nation this week, his demise and his legacy puts me into deep thoughts... He was one such great leader who had taken the untaken path; a path that he courageously took and brought Singapore to where She is today... Because that was the way he was; a man who was truly himself, his bravery and courage to challenge the uncertainties during those days were indeed commendable... I deeply admired this spirit of his... 

Reflecting on myself especially in my current perusal to be an artist, this is something I find a need to learn from him... This journal spread not only serves as a memorial on the great work of Mr. Lee, it also serves as a reminder for myself to look at things from a different perspective and explore the untaken path...   





List of supplies:
  • Gesso
  • Gel Medium
  • Vintage Dictionary Pages
  • ScrapFX Chippies (Explore the Untaken Path phrase)
  • ScrapFX Foam Stamps (Dolly Stamps, Shoe Soles)
  • Shimmerz Products (Coloringz - Night Moves, Shimmeringz - Heavy Metal, Spritz - Rock-a-fella Blue, Vibez - Snow Storm, Texturez - Gritty Graphite, Dazzlerz - Spun Sugar, Inklingz - Tarnish Treasure, Creameez - Ride the Tide)
To receive some freebie from Shimmerz, remember to mention my name (Katie Zoey Ho) during Paypal checkout under "Instructions to Merchant" when you place your Shimmerz order should you want to shop something there...


No comments: