Monday 18 May 2015

La Rosa Especial Artist Trading Blocks

Somewhere not too long ago I was busy pinteresting and found a lot of works using ATBs, aka Artist Trading Blocks... It's till recently when I got myself into Alpha Stamps DT I manage to get access to some of these blocks... 

As I excitedly received my first batch of blocks, as usual my excitement is far more than ideas, it took me quite a while to come up with something... As I was imaging French Ladies sewing meticulously in a room filled with roses, I decided to use Pion Design's Alma's Sewing Room paper collection and From Grandma's Attic French Ladies pictures for this... I came up with these shabby chic ATBs duo... Using monochrome colours with a touch of pink, I'm trying to catch one of an old French feel and get these done up as La Rosa Especial... 

These pictures actually don't do much of a justice as I had used quite a huge amount of Shimmerz products together with various Finnabair's mixed media range to give this vintage shabby French look... A lot of teeny weeny details such as the beauty of micro beads and glitter are not captured well, mainly due to the reflective nature of these products... However I'm listing them up for sale on my Etsy shop, and if by any chance you'd like to own them, feel free to get one home...   




This piece is available here...




This piece is available here...




List of supplies:
P.S. I'm entering this project for MAY IAR Challenge...


2 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

What a cool project!! I love these!! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!!!

Alexandra♥ said...

I'm speechless here, Katie!! Your projects are always a true perfection and inspiration!
Thanks for joining our May Challenge @ I AM Roses!
Good luck.

Alexandra
DT member