Tuesday 5 May 2015

Rococo; Marie's Sentimental Pouf Constructed Art Workshop

After teaching for coming to a year plus, I started to move towards to technique based teaching where I'll have more interaction with participants... It's also a channel for me to develop and share more interesting techniques and ideas to my fellow crafting peeps and make their mind blown away by the amount of creations I can develop... 

As far as I'm concern, coming from an Artist's point of view I probably didn't get fairly paid for the amount of work done to bring these to the craft table... However, that's not my main agenda... What's really amazing during my entire craft teaching adventure is that I got to meet people who truly appreciate what I've done and the things I'm doing... This is one of my greatest accomplishments in life and no amount of my previous corporate years can compare to this...

For my next upcoming Prima class with Made with Love, I'm gearing away from the usual projects most people are doing. Influenced and inspired by Rococo, a form of late Baroque artistic movement, I'm taking Marie Antoinette's sentimental pouf as one of the main element for this project... It's not something overly done, yet subtly enough to own a little Rococo... 

You will get to learn how to build and construct this hanger from scratch using wood plank and chipboards using Prima Epiphany paper collection and some images from Marie Takes Tea collage from Alpha Stamps... There'll be some mixed media involved and I'll be teaching to create a vintage baroque texture look using gilding wax... At the end of the day, you will take home this hanger which you will be able to use it as a decor piece for all your jewelry and accessories...  

I hope to see some of you around...






No comments: