Friday 12 September 2014

Whimiscal Altered Birdcage for Petaloo & Graphic 45 Blog Hop



Today is the last day for Petaloo and Graphic 45 Blog Hop... What I've created for this blog hop is this whimiscal altered birdcage... Actually I wanted to altered a lantern but it seems that it's pretty common and one of my teammates Solange Marques is doing that for this blog hop so I decided to make a change...

This birdcage stands at ~7” tall and took me a day just to re-paint, colour and seal the cage before I can embellish... Everything has to be taken in caution as I could only work within such a small area through that little door... What’s inside the base of the cage houses the various ingredients (pumpkins, bats, feathers and potions) together with this cute little magical bird... I drapped the floral branches down the cage and glue several mini pumpkins onto the branches to make it look like pumkins vines that grow on top of the cage... Thinking a pair of wings will spice up the cage, I altered and added the angel wings behind the cage to give a steampunk look... It turns out quite well and I like the effect when it's all done... To spice up a little more, I've also added a basketful of pumpkins pods and a bottle of wishing bones at the bottom of the cage as side decorations...

I hope you will like it and has been an inspiration to you... So now here I present this whimsical altered birdcage... Enjoy!!!

"Low and behold!!! 

Beware of that tiny magical bird that sits proudly inside the cage… He’s the master of Wishing Spells and brews spells for anyone who wish for it... Beware of what you wish for, your wish may be granted in the wrong way…"











1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing table scape this would make. Stunningwork