Monday 27 April 2015

Just Be A Carefree Beauty

After my very first art journal attempt, this is my 2nd attempt... Although this is not really one of my strengths, I'm learning to cope with such restricted 2D art... I can't really build things up or else I'm unable to close my journal... 

Getting away from 3D art seriously tie me up in a certain way... Yet I'm curious enough to try something else... It's often easier for me to think of a theme and create on a 3D platform which often appeals to me most... I do sucks on 2D I realize... I may start to dislike it but it does explore and broaden my other creative perspective... Because it is that "restrictive", I don't actually have "much" choices but to "force" myself to utilize my other aspect of creativity... As a budding artist, I just have to try and re-learn everything...


While sieving through the various ScrapFX chippies with my DT package, I came up with this "Just be a Carefree Beauty" title using various wordlets and shape embellishments... Initially wanted to use some feathers and wings but not sure what to do... Staring at the blank page, I was lost at start... So I re-look into my DT package again and found a Dandelion and some seed spores... And I thought this could be better than feathers and wings since Dandelion has a symbolic meaning of happiness and desire...The spreading seeds just make me feel carefree... And I decided to cut the feather off the "Just be" chippie...

As I excitedly gesso-ing my journal page and those chippies, the next step I need to do is to create a background... Happily took out several shades of pink and blue from Shimmerz, I was lost for the second time on what colour scheme to use exactly... Thinking of just using pink mainly ('cos I was too overly immersed with my pink Haute Couture petite fairies), I tried to get myself to think of a suitable colour theme that will match my title... I started misting and I screwed it... Before I started to feel frustrated, I gesso everything with an intention to redo everything... Surprisingly, as I spread the gesso down the page, the brushing down effect blends the colours and gives a series of nice vertical strokes giving a very nice shabby look... To add on some dimensions, I added some Shimmerz Dazzlerz and painted some blue and gold... At the end, I manage to achieve this unicorn colour scheme which I think it does matches well with my title, somehow... 


"Just be A Carefree Beauty" is a message to all girls and ladies to be carefree and just be a beauty yourself because you are worth it... I grew up without people telling me I'm beautiful the way I am and often being teased as ugly... Adults treated me very differently and my cuter sister and friends are often more well adored compared to me... Even at my era, I was often criticized on the way how I look... Moving forward to today's era, I've read and seen so many girls and ladies struggling to look good... The media influence of what is defined as a beauty greatly impact how everyone look at themselves... I wasn't spared either and I did struggle for a good hell 10 years before I could eventually accept the way I am... Be carefree and enjoy the beauty that's given to you... You will learn to appreciate the way you are.. 



Supplies:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, LOVE this! And such beautiful words! You really touched a cord deep in my heart today. Thank you, Katie!

Katie Z. said...

Dear Juliana, thank you so much for your kind words... I'm glad that I've touched your heart... Be beautiful always... Cheers!!!